"The Pitt" and "Hacks" Just Rewrote the Emmy Record Books (WATCH)
I'll be honest, when the 2026 Emmy nominations dropped, I wasn't expecting to feel anything. Award season can get repetitive, the same faces, the same predictable favorites. But this year actually surprised me, and I think it says something bigger about where television is headed.
"The Pitt" walked away with 25 nominations. Twenty-five. For a medical drama that leaned hard into raw, unfiltered storytelling instead of glossy hospital drama tropes, that's a statement. Noah Wyle picking up a lead actor nod for it feels almost poetic if you remember his ER days, the man has come full circle in the most fitting way possible.
Then there's "Hacks," which didn't just get nominated, it broke a record. Twenty-four nominations for a comedy series, the most any comedy has ever received in a single year, beating out both "The Bear" and "The Studio." Jean Smart is now positioned to potentially tie the record for the most Emmy acting wins in history. That's not luck. That's a show that has quietly, consistently earned its excellence season after season.
What I find most interesting, though, are the snubs. Jeremy Allen White missing out for "The Bear." Sydney Sweeney not getting recognized in "Euphoria's" final season. And somehow, "Hot Ones" , a YouTube show, mind you, didn't make the cut, while "SubwayTakes" did. It's a reminder that award recognition is never purely about merit; it's about momentum, timing, and who's telling the more compelling cultural story that particular year.


Comments
Post a Comment