BABYMONSTER "I LIKE IT" MV REVIEW.

 




  
I wasn't ready for how much "I Like It" would take over my week. Babymonster dropped the music video on July 6, 2026, and three days later I'm still humming that post-chorus hook while I'm supposed to be working. If you've searched "Babymonster I Like It MV," "best K-pop summer songs 2026," or "new girl group dance tracks," I can save you the scrolling — this is the one.

First Watch: Pure Sunshine

The song is a B-side off their third mini-album CHOOM, but it doesn't feel like a deep cut. It opens with this country-tinged guitar riff that shouldn't work with dance-pop production and somehow works perfectly, and from there it just doesn't let go. The whole track is built around that specific feeling of catching feelings for someone and not knowing what to do with your face about it, the lyrics walk through the confusion, the overthinking, the internal "wait, am I actually falling for this person" spiral, all wrapped in a melody so bright it practically comes with a tan.

By the second chorus I was already sold. That's the mark of a good pop song, you don't need to be told it's catchy, you just catch yourself replaying it.



The MV Itself Is a Whole Vacation

Visually, this is where Babymonster really flexes. Turquoise water, a yacht catching the light just right, sun-soaked lawns, breezy fits,  it's the kind of video that makes you want to book a flight immediately. There's no dark concept, no moody plot twist. It's just seven members having what looks like an actual good time, and that energy transfers straight through the screen.

Chiquita's smile alone could sell tourism packages. Pharita and Ahyeon carry the emotional high points in the chorus with vocals that actually land, while Ruka and Asa bring that sharp, confident rap delivery YG groups are known for. Rora and Rami round the group out, and honestly nobody feels like they're fighting for screen time,  it's balanced in a way that girl group videos don't always manage.

Why "I Like It" Is a Smart Move for Babymonster

Coming off harder-hitting title tracks like "Batter Up" and "Sheesh," this is Babymonster showing range. Anyone can be told a group is versatile.... this MV is the proof. It's light without being throwaway, and the choreography backs that up: playful, wave-like formations, confident struts, spins that are just complicated enough to make TikTok's fan-dance crowd happy without scaring off casual fans who just want to vibe.

The production, handled by WHERE THE NOISE, Jared Lee, Diggy, and YG's in-house team, leans into guitar-driven warmth layered over hip-hop percussion, with a bridge that hits harder than a song this sunny has any right to. It's replay-friendly in the way summer songs need to be... the kind of track that still sounds good in September.



The Fan Reaction Says It All

Watching the comment section fill up under this video has been half the fun. Monstiez are calling it their song of the summer, and it's easy to see why, it taps into something universal. Everyone remembers the specific chaos of a new crush, that mix of excitement and mild panic, and this MV bottles that feeling in under four minutes.


Final Thoughts
"I Like It" isn't trying to reinvent K-pop. It's doing something simpler and honestly harder to pull off: making a genuinely fun, well-shot, well-performed song that doesn't need a complicated narrative to hit. Babymonster clearly knows exactly what they're building, and this track adds another solid brick to it.
If you haven't watched it yet, do it now, preferably somewhere with good speakers, because that chorus deserves volume.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brawl Stars Talk: Kenji and Kaze Finally Had Their Baby.....and the Internet Wasn't Ready

The 2026 Iran-Israel War: How a Regional Clash Reshaped Global Energy and Trade

Work Hard in Silence: While Your Success Should Do the Talking